Technical Project Manager
Position: Technical Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location: Los Angeles, CA
STAUFFER is one of Los Angeles' leading full-service agencies. Founded in 2001, STAUFFER has provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from Full-Service Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, and Nonprofit Organizations to Colleges/Universities and Startups.
We've done this through partnering accomplished developers with aspiring engineers, drawing from one another's diverse experiences, unique perspectives, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that astound. Together, we build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design, with an emphasis on user experience, to deliver remarkable and unique web and mobile applications, on time and on budget.
The right candidate should fit our company culture like a glove, sharing in the STAUFFER Core Values:
- Driven to succeed as an individual and for the firm
- Always Learning
- Self-sufficient when performing unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure
- Excited to teach and strengthen the knowledge of other team members and clientele
The Technical Project Manager must work with all internal and external stakeholders to provide technical project management, research/recommendations, and communicate needs as related to product development projects and systems. Critical to this position is the ability to communicate as high or low on the technical scale as the audience requires - clearly describing technical aspects in a non-technical way.
- Assessment and definition of scope, needed resources, and the coordination/resource management of both internal and external personnel
- Planning, monitoring, reporting & administering the execution of multiple projects using the Agile Method and Waterfall methodologies as determined by best fit per project
- Manage and develop master project schedules, dependencies, contingencies, resources, and budgets
- Understand KPIs, priorities, quality goals, delivery within budget, brand, user, time, and resource constraints
- Build collaborative relationships with clientele, internal and external engineers, and operation teams on product/project roadmaps and needs
- Ability to use both creativity and business sense to deliver needed solutions
- Generate and maintain technical scope and system documentation
- Schedule & oversee design, project plans, test plans, estimates, proposals, and code reviews
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders and team members that prioritize action items for successful delivery
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from an accredited college/university.
- Two (2) to Five (5) or more years of direct Project Management experience implementing websites, web systems, and/or mobile applications
- Proven, successful IT project management skills, including experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and directly managing engineers
- Possesses strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills
- Review team progress and identify opportunities for process and team improvement
- Ability to interact, direct & influence cross-functional teams that span the organization
- Provide accurate and timely updates to management
- Analyze workflow bottlenecks and assist management in streamlining processes by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and decisive
- Excellent communication, organization, and relationship management skills
- Insists on quality deliverables
- Exacting attention to detail
- Has the ability to execute under accelerated timeframes and to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment amidst multiple projects.
- Scrum Master Certification, but not required
- Computer Science or related degree will also consider those with business, communications, and others if the candidate possesses hands-on web project management expertise
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The People!
- Competitive Salaries
- Company Contributed to Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Company Provided Apple MacBook Pro
- Company Funded Bonding Exercises & Events
- Casual Company Culture & Dress Policy
- Professional Development Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Paid Parking
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer
- Candidates may be asked to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations
Stauffer Holdings, Inc.'s ("STAUFFER") policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore resourcing firms.