Position: Quality Assurance Tester
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location: Remote
STAUFFER is one of Los Angeles’ leading full-service agencies. Founded in 2001, STAUFFER has provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from Full-Service Marketing Agencies and Nonprofit Organizations to Colleges/Universities and Startups.
We have been able to accomplish this by partnering accomplished developers with aspiring engineers. We draw from one another’s diverse experiences, unique perspectives, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that astound audiences. Together, we build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design, with an emphasis on user experience, to deliver remarkable and unique web and mobile applications, on time and on budget.
The right candidate should fit our company culture like a glove, sharing in the STAUFFER Core Values:
- Driven to succeed as an individual and for the firm
- Always Learning
- Self-sufficient when performing unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure
- Excited to teach and strengthen the knowledge of other team members and clientele
We are looking for a passionate software Quality Assurance (Q.A.) tester to join our team. This Q.A. tester will be the cornerstone of operations. They will be depended upon to ensure that we are continuously meeting our high standard of quality when delivering solid and successful solutions to clientele. As a key member of our team, you will work alongside other team members and technical leads to understand customer requirements, perform unit testing and system testing, while developing and executing test plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher
- 3+ years experience in software/web/mobile and cross-browser/platform testing
- 3+ years experience working in a test driven development environment
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal), with demonstrated ability to work with software developers.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking & troubleshooting skills is a MUST. Will have to work closely with the engineering team to recreate defects.
- Experience with black box testing.
- Must be able to write quality reports, test plans, and defects.
- Strong relationship & team building skills.
- Ability to gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and any proposed new requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced work environment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Nice to have, but not required.
- Accessibility/WCAG Testing
- White box testing
- Pixel-perfect eye
- Selenium or other automated test script experience
- Agile/Scrum development model experience
- Experience with JIRA software
- Experience with Siteimprove and other WCAG Compliance tools
- Familiarity with Drupal, WordPress, or other similar CMS systems
- Familiarity with Figma
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The People!
- Competitive Salaries
- Our team members are located across the world, but our office headquarters are located in Los Angeles. You have the option to either work on-site in our office in West Los Angeles or you can choose to work remotely!
- Company Contributed to Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Matched 401k
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks (this includes coffee.. lots of coffee!)
- Company Provided Apple MacBook Pro
- Company Funded Bonding Exercises & Events
- Casual Company Culture & Dress Policy
- Professional Development Training/Certification Reimbursement
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer
- Candidates may be asked to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations
Stauffer Holdings, Inc.’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore outsourcing firms