Drupal Architect/Technical Lead Engineer
Position: Drupal Architect/Technical Lead Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location: Remote
STAUFFER is one of Los Angeles' leading full-service agencies. Founded in 2001, STAUFFER has provided open-source solutions for clients across varying industries, sizes, and types, ranging from Full-Service Marketing Agencies, Finance Companies, and Nonprofit Organizations to Colleges/Universities and Startups.
We've done this through partnering accomplished developers with aspiring engineers, drawing from one another's diverse experiences, unique perspectives, and passion for innovation, in order to create cutting-edge solutions that astound. Together, we build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design, with an emphasis on user experience, to deliver remarkable and unique web and mobile applications, on time and on budget.
The right candidate should fit our company culture like a glove, sharing in the STAUFFER Core Values:
- Driven to succeed as an individual and for the firm
- Always Learning
- Self-sufficient when performing unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure
- Excited to teach and strengthen the knowledge of other team members and clientele
As a Drupal Architect/Technical Lead Engineer, you will work closely with our CEO and Vice President of Operations to present our technical recommendations and strategy to prominent clientele. This position requires that you be able to quickly analyze a client's challenges, formulate solutions, and implement appropriate technologies, to achieve effective results.
- An understanding of the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards within the Drupal community
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, other internal team members, as well as outside stakeholders. We strive to maintain a positive, productive, and collaborative environment. Our Drupal Developers are active in sharing knowledge across the organization and with our clients.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four(4) of more years of Web Development Experience
- At least two(2) years of experience focusing primarily on Drupal CMS architecture and development.
- An advanced understanding of Drupal 7 & 8 module development and developing custom themes within Drupal.
- Expert Knowledge in custom development of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Git and deployment techniques
- Experience with Web server set up and database tuning
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Determine requirements and demonstrate new features as they become available, receiving feedback from the client and incorporating them in your work when requested.
- Experience dissecting and optimizing application image assets in programs such as Photoshop
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form.
- A Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or related experience with 5+ years of software engineering is a must for this position
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes. We primarily work with that methodology in mind, so it’ll only benefit you to understand how it works.
- The ability to run your own projects and work without direct supervision, to make use of internal project management tools, estimating, planning and scheduling work units while keeping others in the loop
- Experience developing applications from IA/UX technical documentation. We like wireframes, sitemaps, feature lists, data/process flow diagrams, and anything else that provides transparency to our process.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- The People!
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Company Contributed to Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Matched 401k
- Apple MacBook Pro
- Home Office Equipment and Supplies to Make Your Remote Work Location Comfortable, Productive, and Successful
- Flexible Remote Work Policy: Work anywhere you choose, home or office, but employees are encouraged to work from home
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks in Office (this includes coffee.. lots of coffee!)
- Casual Company Culture & Dress Policy
- Team Bonding Events & Dinners
- Paid Onsite Parking
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer
- Candidates may be asked to undergo a background check, in accordance with local laws and regulations
Stauffer Holdings, Inc.'s ("STAUFFER") policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please, no recruiters and/or offshore resourcing firms.