- An understanding of the goals and strategy behind each project from conception through completion.
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards within the Development community.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, technical leads, other internal team members, as well as outside stakeholders. We strive to maintain a positive, productive, and collaborative environment. Our Developers are active in sharing knowledge across the organization and with our clients.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
Who We Are Looking For
As a Developer we realize that you bring a broad range of skills with you. These are the skills we primarily would like you to possess:
- An advanced understanding of Drupal 6 & 7 module development and developing custon themes within Drupal including exploring ideas for how to use the platforms and explaining what various capabiliites modules include.
- Determine requirements and demonstrate new features as they become available, receiving feedback from the client and incorporating it in your work, when requested.
- Expert Knowledge at custom development of PHP and MySQL techniques on Linux, including: using Git, version control systems, and deployment techniques
- web server and database tuning
- Apache experience preferred
- Communication and writing skills. Articulate and clearly explain things.
- A Degree in Computer Science or related field with 4+ years of software engineering is a must for this position.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM processes. We primarily work with that methodology in mind, so it’ll only benefit you to understand how it works.
- The ability to run your own projects and work without direct supervision, to make use of internal project management tools, estimating, planning and scheduling work units while keeping others in the loop
- Experience developing applications from IA/UX technical documentation. We like wireframes, site maps, feature lists, data transformation tables, and anything else that provides transparency to our process.
- Experience dissecting and optimizing application image assets in programs such as photoshop
We have a primary goal at Stauffer: To turn your dreams into technology. For over 10 years, we have provided open-source solutions for businesses, full service marketing agencies, nonprofits, universities, and startups. We build sophisticated and powerful websites that incorporate eye-catching design with an emphasis on user experience. We deliver remarkable web and mobile products on time and on budget. At Stauffer you will build a career. We partner accomplished developers with aspiring engineers. As a team we do more than simply write code. We draw from each employee’s diverse experience, unique perspective, and passion for innovation to create cutting edge solutions that wow. We are active in the drupal community and through a system of mentorship and training you will be too.
Here you will find some of Southern California’s best developers, without the attitude. Our inclusive and casual culture embraces Nerf guns and flips flops. We know that people power technology. That is why we find the best and brightest to fill each role. From experienced web architects to new developers, every player completes the Stauffer puzzle bringing a cohesive and talented team. We celebrate each unique employee because through them your projects thrive. We are proud of our people and invite you to read more about them here. We are sure you will see what we see: A solid group of Los Angeles based developers who build exceptional websites, mobile, and custom applications.
A Career at Stauffer offers you
Innovation – We take on the challenge of using the best technologies in new, exciting forms.
Collaboration – As a small, cohesive team, we are greater together than we are as individuals, and share in our collective success.
Professional Development – Every day we learn from our peers, our clients, and ourselves as we solve new, complex business and technology problems.
Benefits – Stauffer provides employees with medical and dental insurance, a company-matched 401k, and Paid Time Off. All developers get a brand new Mac Book Pro to use on the job, along with a comfy and stylish Herman Miller Chair.
Fun – We spend a third of our life at work - so it needs to be fun! We have a great time in our casual work environment near the beach.